Instructor: Gus Hoffman
Prerequisite: Beginning Drawing
Never drawn the human figure before? Overwhelmed by all the possibilities? Then this beginning life drawing course might be the class for you! In this intro level course we will address the crucial concerns that lay at the heart of the wonderful and challenging world of live figure drawing.
Some of the issues covered will be:
- Setting up your work station properly
- Understanding your materials
- Using proportions and measurements
- The basics of anatomy
- Working from the whole to the specific
- Using negative space to help discover the figure
The class will focus on specific lessons and exercises involving the human figure. Each week we will also study works of art from other artists as a source of inspiration and guidance.
Click HERE for a list of supplies required for this class.